Announcements: May 4
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible; with liberty and justice for all.
- Testing scheduled for today is Mr. Hitsman – all classes, Mrs. Hubble – all classes, Smith - 3rd hour, Mrs. Miller – 6th hour, Ms. Wagner makeups – all classes.
- Tuesday Trivia: The staff member with 8 brothers and sisters, that likes ice cream, even in the winter, and has relatives that founded the town of McBain is Mrs. Amy Miller. Only one winner today: Morgan with no last name. See Mrs. Garvin for your prize.
- Fitz would like to thank all the members of Authors Guild for helping to make the Poetry Slam a success! ComicCon money and permission slip due today!
- There will be a freshmen class officers meeting during lunch today, May 4th in Mrs. Fischer's classroom.
- 9th – 12th graders: The mock election for this semester will take place during 2nd and 5th hour on Monday, May 9th. Students need to be registered in order to get out of class and vote. Registration will be at lunches on Wednesday & Thursday.
- NHS will have a meeting this Thursday, May 5th during 1st lunch in Mrs. Sanderson's room.
- Prom pictures by Hicks Studio will be taken between 5-6 pm.
- IMPORTANT: Girls please bring flats or flip flops for dancing at prom – there is a wood dance floor so heels will get caught in wood planks. You cannot go barefoot.
- Seniors please stop by the office and fill out a Remember When sheet.
- The warmer weather is bringing out some clothing choices by some of our students that are not appropriate for school. Page 27 of our Student Handbook outlines the dress code for students. The dress code will be enforced.
- Spring Sports Pictures will be May 11th after school. Track pictures will be at 2pm.
- There is a Leo Club meeting during first lunch in Mrs. Fischer's room on Wednesday, May 11th. Please plan on attending.
- Summer school credit recovery applications are now in the main office and are available to current seniors and juniors. Please see Mr. Munger for more details.
- THE GREAT RACE- 10th graders, we will be going to Mid-Michigan Community College and Friday, May 13th to participate in the annual Great Race event. This is an opportunity to explore and learn about life on a college campus and have fun at the same time. We will be leaving at 8:30 and returning around 1:00. Wear comfortable shoes and be ready to do some walking.
- 7th-12th grade Football Players pick up an April Newsletter from the office.
- Juniors-- You have until May 16th to get your free SAT reports sent to 4 colleges. Make sure you get the SAT Information sheet from your English 11 class. After May 16th it will cost $11.25 to send a report.
- Juniors-- If you would be interested in hearing about the Marines Reserve Officer Training Scholarship please sign up in the Counseling Office.
- Clare-Gladwin CTE is offering a Summer Camp for students entering Grades 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th the week of June 14th -16th. Programs offered are Automotive, Doodles to Designs, Construction Trades, Health Occupations, Criminal Justice, Caring for Children, Digital Media, Culinary Arts, and Creative Engineering. Fliers are available in the office.
- Need a summer job?? The City of Midland is looking for responsible young adults to fill summer positions working for the Parks/Recreation Dept. This is outdoor work, cutting grass and such. You must be 18 years old to apply. Go to www.cityofmidlandmi.org to apply. At the website go to “City Departments”, “Human Resources”, “Job Openings” and apply.
- The 7-12 Choir travel to CMU on Monday, 9th to perform at the MSVMA State Choral Festival. Singers need to report to the band room in concert attire ready for roll call by 8 am. We will board the bus as soon as roll is completed. Our performance time is 10 am. You will receive an itinerary this week.
The Spring Concert/Awards Night will be held on Wednesday, May 18th @ 6:30pm in the JSHS Gym. Musicians need to report in concert attire by 6 pm. Admission is: $2 per person OR $5 per family of 3 or more.
Events for tonight: Varsity Track @ Harrison, Varsity Baseball/Softball home v Houghton Lake, release players @ 3:05, JV Baseball @ Houghton Lake, bus leaves @ 2:45, release players @ 2:35. JV Softball is cancelled.
Events results: Varsity Baseball won both games against Farwell. Jimmy Forbes and Luke Owens threw great games.
JV Baseball 10-0 and 12-2 over Farwell.
Varsity Softball won 6-3 and 7-0 over Farwell last night.
Molly Gerow set the new Middle School record for the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.73. She also beat the Middle School record she holds for the 55 Meter hurdles with a time of 9.22. Congratulations.
Happy Birthday: Thomas Carnahan, Samantha Carroll, Ashley Castaldo
Today’s Lunch Menu: Herbed Chicken breast, Broccoli, Penne, Marinara Sauce, Breadstick, and Roasted Onions & Peppers